Co2 Your Opinions

stella!

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey!

I was just wondering what co2 kits you all use and could you also tell me your opinion on the product?
Also i was wondering what every one would recomend for my planted tank? its 240 litres with a LOT of plants,

tnx stella

I use pressurised CO2, as you almost certainly will need to with the size of your tank.

It is the JBL Profi 2 which uses a solenoid to cut off the CO2 supply at night. I am happy with it, but the adjustment on the regulator is too coarse, making it awkward to adjust the bubble rate (not a real problem because I rarely adjust the CO2).

This could well be my next port of call when I set up a 240/300l tank:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Anlage-Komplett-...oQQcmdZViewItem

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the quick reply,
Just a few questions plzzzzzzzzzz :hyper:

How long does the c02 canister last for? And also can you refill them when they run out?

tnx stella

How long does the c02 canister last for? And also can you refill them when they run out?

tnx stella

My 500g has lasted six weeks so far, running for ten hours per day in a 120l, hopefully to a target of 30ppm. I have no idea when it is going to run out, so I have a spare on standby.

Refilling them is an issue that I haven`t yet resolved. I will be going to look at a place tomorrow.

Yet another question(s) :rolleyes:

Which kit did you buy?
And does the kit come with something alowing the co2 to stop running when the lights go off? i think its called a solenoid??

Stella

I have the JBL system with a solenoid, but I am pretty sure my next set up will be off eBay using the link I posted. The solenoid is not essential, and does make the set up more expensive, but I chose to use one because diffusing CO2 overnight is pointless.

If you let people on this forum know the area you live in, they might be able to point you to where you can get refills.

Are you going high tech with your tank, ie, lights, fertilisers................ algae?

Athough a solenoid makes the kit more expensive you will save in the long run, as your co2 bottle will last nearly twice as long, i use a dennerle co2 system, but have recently purchased a co2 fire extinguisher of ebay as getting refills for the dennerle can be a right pain, depending on where you live, hope this helps you out a little

Cheers Gordon

I live in chesterfield/derbyshire :D

Hmmm lights well i have a 38 watt interpet light and also the normal daylight tube which comes with the juwel rio 240 do you think these are sufficient for plant groth? I also use root+liquid fertiliser too. For filteration i use a external eheim professionel 2.

Glad to be of assistance. I am a total newbie to all of this myself, but one thing I did do was a lot of reading before I decided on what set up i wanted. My decision was to start with a so called high tech set up. It looks daunting, but the reality is that provided you follow the basic rules of >2WPG, stable CO2 at 30ppm, fertilisers and 75% of fast growing stems at the start, it should work out.

No doubt you have more experience than me over most matters and your tank sounds as if it is already well on its way to a very nice planted aquarium.

They both look like they will get the job done, but CO2 set ups do tend to come cheaper from Germany. The one I recommended earlier also comes with a bottle, NRV, CO2 hose and a diffuser. Do lots of shopping around.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey!

Thanks for the info but i have another question :D
I just baught a light control kit and another light tube, its an aqua-glow 40w tube. I plan on having the 3 lights running but i have a few questions:

Where abouts should i place the new light?
how on earth do you fit the light controle kit to the tank?
And also will my fish be ok with 3 lights running at the same time?

tnx stella :flowers:

Most reactions

Back