CO2 systems, what type is best?

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
My LFS only has a Flouramat make one which uses pressurised CO2 bottles, but in PFK I read the reveiw on Hagens Nutrafin Co2 nartural plant system which uses a bottle and chemicals set off a reaction.

which should I go for, there £15-£20 so no real difference in price.

Just wondering how long the bottles would last the nutrafin one says it will run for 3-4 weeks on one dosage!!

Is this the Floramat CO2 bottle that you mentioned?

http://www.aqua-sander.de/produkte/floramat.en.html

If so, I believe you will have to buy a new one after it's empty. With the Hagen nutrafin setup you'll only have to refill the contents (sugar, water, yeast) when it runs out. It looks like you'll have to buy a whole new bottle of Floramat when it's empty.

I wonder how long those Floramat CO2 bottles last. :dunno:

Determine how long the Floramat bottle lasts, then decide if you would rather pay that price each time or just refill the yeast mixture every three weeks with the Hagen setup. It's up to you. :thumbs:

Thanks for that link, thats definately the bottle he showed me, but I hadn't seen the rest and to be honest for £20 thats rather pathetic, I'll get the Hagen one.

At £7 a bottle or £4 for lots of refill tablets for the Hagen one no prices for knowing which is best value, unless a bottle of CO2 lasts for like 1 year but I very much doubt it.

Well that was an easy decision :thumbs:

Hello.

You can build such a CO2 system with some very cheap materials.

I'm sorry, I only know german websites with instructions, but all you need are some PET bottles and some hose (this one for the membrane air pumps).

The Nutrafin systems work with water, sugar, yeast and gelatin which elongates the reaction (sugar only diffuses slowly through the jelly mass).

Here's a pic of my system:
400_6362383265363033.jpg

Hagen Nutrafin Plant Grow system is very good. Takes awhile to get going but works a treat and i noticed the difference in a fortnight of using it a £20 well worth spent!!!

My Cambomba has grown twice the height and width in a fortnight, usually it just gets teared up and floats and makes a real mess!!! :p

Most reactions

Back