Co2 Query

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JasonMichael

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey guys,

In August of last year I went and got my Co2 canister refilled, however I only noticed in around Oct-Nov that it was suddenly empty again which was strange, I still haven't had a chance to head back to the shop to get it refilled as my tank has been running quite fine without the inline Co2.

I'm using Easycarbo and Neutro+ as recommended and my plants are doing great, even without the direct Co2, my question is, should I go and re-fill the bottle again or just continue with the easycarbo and neutro+? Am I getting all the right amount of "good stuff" in my tank for my plants with just those 2 compartments without direct Co2? 

Thanks! 

Anyone?? 
fish.gif

fish.gif

Sorry, missed your first post, busy at work at the moment.

CO2 tanks do this, more so than most compressed gasses, as they liquidise under pressure well, so tend to be liquid in the tank until very late on, so when the pressure starts to drop you're already nearly out.

Best way to tell if you're getting enough good stuff is by looking at the plants, but it may take a couple of weeks for them to tell you. Sadly I can't give a better answer as it depends too much on the plants, lighting, nutrients etc. It may be that the liquid CO2 is keeping everything going.

DrRob said:
Sorry, missed your first post, busy at work at the moment.

CO2 tanks do this, more so than most compressed gasses, as they liquidise under pressure well, so tend to be liquid in the tank until very late on, so when the pressure starts to drop you're already nearly out.

Best way to tell if you're getting enough good stuff is by looking at the plants, but it may take a couple of weeks for them to tell you. Sadly I can't give a better answer as it depends too much on the plants, lighting, nutrients etc. It may be that the liquid CO2 is keeping everything going.

No worries, thanks for that :) 

Most reactions

Back