Clown Pleco?

Teelie

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the fish was being uncooperative and this is the best I could get of it. The LFS manager wants $35 for it but I might be able to push him down to $20 or $25. Opinions? I looked at PlanetCatfish and this is the closest match I can come up with though it might be something else.

body2.jpg

body.jpg

head.jpg

tail.jpg

Looks like one of the variations of clown plec for sure. $35 is far too much, even $25 is pushing it. They tend to be £8-12 here which is less than $20.

Ben

I figured as much though $20 might be lowest I can get. It's a fairly large one too, nearly adult size around 3.5" give or take so I may take the slightly higher price if it is an adult.

I've found a place online where I can get them ordered and shipped for less than the $35 he's wanting so that'll give me some leverage. :D

I think I paid $8 for my 2.5" clown last year in the Detroit area.

I'm sure as you know Teelie, they need a piece of wood, don't eat algae and are a very shy fish. :unsure:

Wood? I think I have it covered. ;)
bigwood.jpg

This is just the big piece, in one of my 30's, I have more in a 10g and some extra wood sitting around waiting for a new tank to put it in. :D

I also realized for the price he's wanting, I can get two of them (shipping two fish at a time doesn't increase the shipping costs). :p I do know they're a shy fish, that's why getting the pictures was so hard but I have shy fish now and all it takes is learning how to motivate them to come out of hiding and swim around. :p Though the shyness is a big part of why I haven't been hot on getting it right away either.

I have him in with a few African cichlids, they don't bother him much. The worst they did was remove his right eye :X
Since I have african cichlids, I have no plants, and really just a few rocks and some wood, plus some decorative colums.
He's around alot on the front corner of my 55G

Most reactions

Back