Clown Loaches Cucumber

no dont boil it, look on ebay for a screwcumber - its a twirl of alluminium metal; you screw onto cucumber, courgette, zuchinni and it sinks to the bottom of the tank - a easy time saver - and often come two in a pack :good:

you can feed it raw, but I generally peel them, slice them thin and freeze them. This works better for me since a single cucumber/zucchini is too big.

When feeding, I put them in the microwave for about 10 secs to soften them up. Hook it to a veggie clip and throw it in.

i leave chunk on a screwcumber in over night - as my bottom feeders are more active at night.

Oh ok, I took mine out after a half hour, I think ill give them some more tonight, I was worried in case got released into the water, Thanks! Oh and by the way is there anything else Loaches like to eat? This is the first cucumber I gave em and they seem to have enjoyed it, Thanks mate.

Oh ok, I took mine out after a half hour, I think ill give them some more tonight, I was worried in case got released into the water, Thanks! Oh and by the way is there anything else Loaches like to eat? This is the first cucumber I gave em and they seem to have enjoyed it, Thanks mate.

deshelled peas, salad shrimp (raw is better), zucchine (courugette? in the UK), banana but it pollutes the water bad if it stays in the tank.

deshelled peas, salad shrimp (raw is better), zucchine (courugette? in the UK), banana but it pollutes the water bad if it stays in the tank.

Think ill skip the banana :look: , thanks for the others though. :good:

Loaches like different things bout the most common liked-by-all ones are the cucumber and zuccini/courgette and so try these first. Softening them up in the microwave is good...i do it for more like 30 seconds and leave them in as long as a day because they don't rot that quickly.
A good source of information for this is loaches online and the article in the "loach Almanac" on feedling...i will give you the link:http://www.loaches.com/care/the-loach-almanac
The foody bit is about half way down...exellent article this is :D

All you need for the cucumber is a strip of led, like the stuff you get on some plants. Just push this through the cucumber. I leave the cucumber in for a couple of days, lol! I wouldn't think it could pollute the water becase its only really watery. I use it mainly for my sucking loach, but the clowns love it too :D and yep, they love peas too! :D

Most reactions

Back