Clown loach

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

here goes my babling... :p

My clown loaches were like so agressive in my 10 gallon tank before, yea i know.. :rolleyes: they were there for 1 week and 2 were hiding all the time and my clowns fight like crazy, the "leader" has PALE color :) When i got my clown loaches into my 55 gallon tank, the "leader" went to explore first then brought his leaders with him and soon they explored the whole tank. My clown loaches eats upside down on the water surface when i am feeding them flakes :)
I have been told that clown loaches are best kept in odd numbers :dunno:
My clown loach seems to only click to my hikari's sinking warfers and totally ignore cucumbers. This is what i feed my fish; Nutrafin - tropical flakes, shrimp pellets and algae warfers... hikari-sinking warfers and cucumbers (none of my fish eats this). My clowns like the shrimp pellets best but doesn't click to it :dunno: My clown loaches also become very agressive during feeding time and will even bully their pals who they hang out with all day. I also have 5 of them and they are active all day NONE hide ever since they got moved to the 55 gallon tank

I have 2 clowns in my 55, and they're always out and about. Never made me think that I need to add more, since they're always doing something to grab my attention.

Chooklet said:
Thanks rvm....

How is Willie doing BTW??
He's doing well, getting a bit bigger now, but he's taken to hiding a lot more, so I can't get any decent pics of him!! I'm moving him to a new tank today as I'm getting a new 150g, and it's gonna have big cichlids in that I think would probably eat him!! I'll try and get some pics of him and post them up just for you!!! :lol:

David said:
You need at least three for them to display the full extent of their natural behaviour. If you have only 2 they will often hide away and never be seen. Of course there are always exceptions to this rule, such as little odballs that are always out and about. Yeah and the playing dead thing is hilarious, although I have encountered it so often now that I am almost immune to it (I no longer go *gasp!* when I see one on it's side or back) :p
I think my clown loaches must be oddballs too :p I've had two for about 8 months and they're very happy and active, I recently gave them to my boyfriend though who has a much bigger tank and they have a great time annoying all the other fish lol :kana:

Most reactions

Back