Clown Loach

DopeyAlex

Reaction score
One of the two 5inch clown loaches

Attachments

• Clown_Loach.JPG
    Clown_Loach.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 29
Beautiful clown loach. Have you had it since it was little? If so, how big was it when you got it, and how long did it take to grow that big?

I bought the clown loaches and the shark about 6 months ago for £10 each. They have grown about 1/2in since then, but I doubt they will grow much larger.

I have been told that you can grow clown loachs from about 1in to 6inin about a year, as long as they have a nice big tank with plenty of food and swimming space.

Cheers
Alex

awesome clown. i love them.

they should get much bigger dude. they jus take about 5 years to do it.

im waitin for my 5 to get there growing shoes on lol.

my local LFS has about 10 8"-9" clowns and they look great.

Yea, the big clown loaches have to be some of the most beautfil fish. I know they can reach 12in, but I doubt my 2 will get much bigger because they are in a 4ft tank with quite a few other fish, and they spend most their time in their little 'nest' together lol.

Cheers
Alex

is 2 the total number or do you have more?

i really love the way clowns seem to have a routine.

mine come out off there cave about 8am to have a feed, then they all gather around mid morning outside there cave for a sunbathe and chat lol.

cruise about the rest of the day before another meeting on there rock and an early night around 8pm.

such good lil loaches :lol:

Yea, clowns are great. They have such great personalities. I Only have 2 at the moment. I used to have 6 smaller ones in my livebearer tank, and I loved them to pieces. My Favourite fish :D

Cheers
Alex

A better pic

Attachments

• Clown_Loach2.JPG
    Clown_Loach2.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 27

Most reactions

Back