Clown Loach Stuck In Wood

dcarmor927

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My biggest clown loach just got stuck in a crack in a piece of wood i have in the tank. i was watching him and he just swam right into the hole and disappeared, curious little bugger...i started freaking out after 15 seconds cause he wasnt coming back out...i started breaking away pieces of the wood with a chisel, then i could see is anal fin and though he was dead, he wasnt moving at all...i gave the fin a little pull to get him out then all of a sudden he wiggles out backwards...i have no idea how he managed to get in there let alone out...

my dwarf barb was nosey and got partially stuck in the filter by time i saw she had already died.. :-(

good to hear your loach was k though :)

I saw one of my clown loaches swim about 10 inches into a closed pipe that was barely wider than he was. I kept watching him and he actually made his way out by swimming completely backwards. It took him a while to do it but he looked pretty un-fazed by the entire ordeal. Both of my clown loaches will somtimes disappear for an entire day then appear the next day out of nowhere. They are certainly good at finding obscure places to hunt snails.

haha yea, he probably could have made it out if i hadn't done anything, but i had no idea how he even got into it so i freaked lol...

Most reactions

Back