Clown Loach Help

bugzy 81

Reaction score
hey. my smallest clown loach is staying vertical he is very healthy and is well fed do u know wat this means or could be?? thanks

hey. my smallest clown loach is staying vertical he is very healthy and is well fed do u know wat this means or could be?? thanks

woops
i read vertically a bit wrong as thought of horizontally erm no i have no idea why it is doing that.

I would not worry about it mine do it all the time, sometimes they lay on their backs motionless. Playing dead lol

Mine hide out in a stump. Both my larger clown loach and my smaller one stay vertical in the stump for hours on end. , I would not worry about it especially if they seem healthy and are eating. My larger one in the morning hours goes to one corner of my 90 gallon and goes up , down ,up , down up down for hours :lol: Strange fish since he could go horizontally across the 4' tank, but he just decides to go up and down the 24".

ok thanks mine seems to go behind my filter/ heater just lookin up he is eatin and is very healthy thanks again bugz 81

from loaches.com

"common to most Botiine Loaches is the habit of sleeping in weird places and at weird attitudes. A new owner may be disturbed to find the fish laying on its side or upside down, often under some decor or in a cave structure. This is just Clowns being Clowns and it is partially their behaviour patterns that get them their common name. They are nothing if not entertaining."

Most reactions

Back