Clown Fish dieing because of finding nemo

Do you believe that clown fish are dying because of Finding nemo?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• DONNO?

• Total voters
The problem clearly stops at the LFS.

People should not be alowd out the door with fish unless the owner knows their setup and can confirm it is ok by means of a water test.

I love Nemo the film, I hate being in the LFS and hearing kids shout look Nemo but I know that because the only LFS in my area that sell reef fish is responsible they won't let any of those fish go to people who haven't at the very least been asked basic questions.

IMHO the problem was there before nemo and it all comes down to the LFS.

How can it ever be a flim's fault? That's just putting the blame onto one thing, and not even the right thing.

Long before Nemo some people looked after fish badly and LFS were unscrupulous, the 'blame' IMO lies at LFS who do not check out details of set-ups properly and parents who think it's a good idea to buy animals on te basis of a film.

However, it has gotten more people interested in keeping fish and that can only be good as long as LFS exercise due care and attention.

well YES it is i worked at my LFS (great place) and i had loads of ppl trying to buy a clown fish and we wasted so much time telling them why they shouldn't buy clown fishies i was v.unfair on ppl that are actualy into fish. the movie was great but i think it should have came with a warning about keeping fish.

we had one kid that said he wanted to put in down the shink like in the movies.

People are stupid. I said yes because, like it or not, fish have died because of the movie, although it is not the movies fault. What I mean is that there are stupid people who buy clownfish because they were in the movie, and they die, but the message of the movie is NOT to do this. It's the fault of irresponsible lfs's selling fish to irresponsible parents who dont get the message of the movie, realize that the ocean has saltwater in it, or realize that fish are living animals.

Bingo!

The movie does not kill fish. Sure they were wrong in making kids believe the fish can survive a flushing, but if you think about it they did put nemo in a fish tank, and they were clear thet the fish were all from the ocean.

It's slightly the LFS fault for not asking the right questions before selling a marine fish.

It's almost entirely the buyers fault because they are dumb arses. I agree that there is really nobody else to blame but the stupid consumer.

I have no complaints about the movie, it was very entertaining and it was just that, an animated movie. Nobody ever said a movie had to be realistic.

x-router said:
People should not be alowd out the door with fish unless the owner knows their setup and can confirm it is ok by means of a water test
Nicely done, I also think that this should be put into use, yet i think usual customers like me (to my LFS) should be exempted :thumbs:

Only because they would already know my set up.

P.S, theres a store where my grandmalives and to buy a fishyou have to become a member and your tank set up, population, even water parameter are all put on file. Its a great store, very cheap, and they carry a TON of oddballs ;)

The movie was awesome. :D
They should've put a disclaimer and some information about clown fish in the previews or some thing though. It's a simple fact that people probably got overwhelmed by the movie characters though and in that wanted a 'Nemo' for their very own. There is always ignorance present though, with or without the movie. Unfortuantely though I think because of the movie clown fish sales went up....meaning that clown fish deaths also went up. :/ They're such a beautiful fish...kinda sad. Can't help little kids, or adults for that matter wanting them after seeing the movie...it was so cute. However I don't agree with purchasing one just for the sake of the movie. :X

I agree with ayla on this one...Disney should have had a little thing at the end of the movie like tell them " Go to blah blah blah website" to learn more about the fish in this movie" and stuff like that.. Im just saying that Disney did this on a like unconsious side of accident

stubby0143 said:
Disney should have had a little thing at the end of the movie like tell them " Go to blah blah blah website" to learn more about the fish in this movie" and stuff like that..
realistically, how many people stay until the end of the movie ie. the end of the credits?

if you say that the movie is to blame for this, you would have seen a rush of people wanting to buy dinosaurs after jurassic park was released!!!! thecichlidaddict hit the nail on the head, consumers are dumb arses and the blame lies with them.

Most reactions

Back