Clouldy Tank

Sarkis

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My tank is very couldy, looks almost dirty. I cycled my tank and just added fish in 2 days ago. Is there any additives i can use to cure this. BTW its a 46gallon tank all i have are 3 baby tiger barbs

You'll need to list your water parameters, because you may have an algal bloom caused by excess nutrients.

It could also be because of the type of substrate you use. I have heard that sand takes a lot of cleaning before it is acceptably clear.

Regular water changes would also help you out.

Good luck :)

What is the best way to treat an algal bloom? scrub? water changes? chemicals?

thanks for any help!

when we first got out tank it was cloudy and all chemicals were the right level, we werent sure what it was but once we stopped worrying and just left it alone for a few days it went. however when i did a water change it went cloudy again, all very strange but the fish are happy enough. you may want to buy some clearing fluid.

this is only if your parameters are ok if they are wrong you will have to ask one of the experts! good luck :)

I'm thinking it's a bacteria bloom. My tank was like that once and stayed like that for two days and did absolutely nothing about it. The third day, my tank went back to normal and I didn't lose and fish.

Logitech said:
I'm thinking it's a bacteria bloom. My tank was like that once and stayed like that for two days and did absolutely nothing about it. The third day, my tank went back to normal and I didn't lose and fish.
tanks for the info. I will wait a few days, see if it clears up. If not i will do a water change, What is recommened 25%

Most reactions

Back