Cloudy Water

JohnnyD

Reaction score
Hi All

Just a quick question.

I came home today to find my bettas water very cloudy. I put the 1 gal tank up to a light and noticed that the clouds were almost swirlling around. I can see my betta pretty well, but, the water is def cloudy. I have only had him about a week. When I originally put him in the tank, the water never got cloudy. So, my hunch is that it isn't the water

I made a water change yesterday while adding a couple of new silk plants for him. I washed the plants before I put them in the new water. Is it possible that I didn't clean them enough? I also added some aquarium salt and some medicine for the tip of his fin (it turned a little black over the weekend) He seems to be pretty active and ate all of his food tonight. Otherwise very happy.

Any tips would be appreciated...

It could be the silk plants, or it could be some kind of bacterial bloom, OR it could be from the medication lol.
I'd do a water change.

Thanks for the quick answer.

If I go ahead and treat some water tonight, and do a second water change in two days, could that effect my betta? Maybe a partial change, or full? If it is partial, I do have some left over treated water from the change last night.. -_-

Get yourself some dechlorinator. Even though leaving water out will get rid of chlorine, it won't get rid of heavy metals and I think chloramine? which are harmful to fish as well.

I would just do a partial change. Since you said your betta is still ok, a full change shouldn't be necessary.

Most reactions

Back