Clifford The Little Red Betta

supersixone

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i normallly NEVER rescue fish. i did it once, 3 years ago, with my 3rd betta ever. last weekend, however, i found this little guy in a tank of dwarf gouramis at a store that typically takes very good care of their fish. despite being all but finless, he was still bright red and flaring away at his tankmates.

here is what he looked like when i first got him:

cliffordweek1_01.jpg

cliffordweek1_02.jpg

here is what he looks like now, 1 week later:

cliffordweek2_01.jpg

cliffordweek2_02.jpg

and here is his little bubble nest :)

cliffordweeknest.jpg

:drool: how did you do that? I mean get at least half of his fins to grow back in one week? I have a betta that chewed half his tail 2 months ago and I have been adding salt to his tank and everything and it looks exactly the same as it did 2 months ago?

I'm pretty sure he will be a veiltail, but that's okay. I always keep a couple vts around, no matter how many "fancy" imported fish i get. i guess just to remind myself of where i started and pay homage to our little pet store pals ;)

durbkat, i didn't do anything special. just warm clean water and high quality foods :)

I'm pretty sure he will be a veiltail, but that's okay. I always keep a couple vts around, no matter how many "fancy" imported fish i get. i guess just to remind myself of where i started and pay homage to our little pet store pals ;)

durbkat, i didn't do anything special. just warm clean water and high quality foods :)

Your a miricle worker! :D ...I bet its gonna be as beautiful as all the others you have! :drool:

His name suits him very well! Creative!

He's lovely; such a deep, rich red. The name definitely suits him :lol: You may not have done "anything special" in terms of care, but you obviously did what was needed; he's fluorishing! I think you found yourself quite a tough little fighter there :wub:

Most reactions

Back