Clear Silicone For Aquariums

bighammerfan

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi. i have some CT1 construction sealant for sale which is fantastic for aquariums. It comes in a 290ml tube and will bond all metals (including lead) glass ,mirror, all woods,polystyrene,fiberglass,tiles,concrete,stone,most synthetics,plastics (excluding polypropylene). Temp resistant -40' - +120' CAN BE APPLIED UNDER WATER

It is..

ODOURLESS
DOES NOT SHRINK
CAN BE PAINTED
CONTAINS NO SOLVENTS
CONTAINS NO ISOCYANATES
UNIQUE FLEXIBILITY
ENVIROMENTALLY FRIENDLY
EXCELLENT RESISTANCE TO CHEMICLES
ANTIFUNGAL
PREVENTS BACTERIA
UV RESISTANT
EXCELLENT RESISTANCE TO VIBRATION

Image033.jpg

Clear is £12.50 and colours are £11.50 + £3.50 postage.

Any questions please email or pm me...thanks.

Sounds like a handy item just to have available in the garage (in case)

i have treble checked with the manufacturer and it is GUARANTEED not to kill any livivng organism

so they say. i asked over 12 months ago for information on this stuff. though promised, nothing has turned up. i know they did no testing on it, for aquarium use, during development. last i heard they were doing tests at an LFS. they would, however, not give me the name of the shop. they assure me its safe, but are not prepared to produce written confirmation. i would be interested to know your experiences. it looks handy. but, it has a shelf life of only 12 months. as a "just in case" @£15 its a bit steap. and if you need to go down the shop for it, your tank will be empty. so even the "works under water" is of little use. £3.99 gets you a tube of, safe, clear silicone of the same size. i am still keen on it, but they need to produce more than a "yes its safe" on the phone.

i'll stick to the 'propper' aquarium silicone! £3.79! i don't get how it is safe to apply under water, silicone is only safe to living organisms in its 'set' form.
David

whilst the acetic acid is not nice. the reason we don't use silicone under water, is because it will not set, not because it is poisonous. and this product is not silicone either, so i guess the point is mute. but i agree, for what that's worth, there seems no evedence to make a change, desirable, AS YET.

Most reactions

Back