Cleaning The Glass

fatboybaby

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi

what do you all use to clean your tank glass on the outside? I'm presuming that normal window cleaner might poison the fish in some way so was wondering if there is a natural alternative?

Use normal glass cleaning material but spray it onto the rag first and not anywhere near the tank. Be carefull though when cleaning around the top of it as som eresidue may find its way into the water.I normally use windolene but dont clean the rim with it. Hope this helps!

Use normal glass cleaning material but spray it onto the rag first and not anywhere near the tank. Be carefull though when cleaning around the top of it as som eresidue may find its way into the water.I normally use windolene but dont clean the rim with it. Hope this helps!
Me too - I do exactly the same.

Wow, i was finally able to give some advice that was correct. Usually im asking all the questions..lol!!!!

oh cool didn't realise it was that easy! can finally remove all those finger and cat nose marks then..

How do you clean the glass on the inside as a matter of interest..?

Wow, i was finally able to give some advice that was correct. Usually im asking all the questions..lol!!!!
Just because I do it, doesn't make it correct ! :lol:
I know others will be horrified to hear that glass cleaner is used (albeit with care) on a fishtank. But that's what I've done for years and it's always been fine (for me).

How do you clean the glass on the inside as a matter of interest..?

I clean mine with a (fish dedicated) green scouring pad.

I use tank water and newspaper.
when I can be bothered that is :lol:

Newspaper is actually very good - but that's too much elbow grease required for me ! :lol:

outside with window cleaner as above

inside with an algae scraper (with razor blade attached) but be careful not to chop any nosey fishes noses off.

on and i have magnafloats in all tanks for a daily wipe down (also helps stirr up the bottom with a bit of practice)

I just use tank water & a towel that is dedicated to the fish tank to clean the outside. For the inside I picked up a scouring pad on a stick from the LFS.

I use white vinegar, leaves no streaky marks and does a better job on glass then the more expensive glass cleaners.

Most reactions

Back