Cleaning outside.

I,too ,use a normal glass cleaner. I spray it onto some kitchen towel first then clean away!!!! :D

Thanks for the replies, I was worried that the chemicals may affect me fish.

btw, why is it I can't reply to the Monthly competition winners, I have just seen some stunning photo's and thought I would say how good they are but I don't have permission to post??? :huh:

chali.

Not that I can see, I just tried again on the " *-*-*APRIL COMPETITION WINNERS*-*-*" and got "Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic"

Maybe it's a number of post thing?? perhaps admin or mods could shed some light??

Try just wiping over with a wet cloth, then drying with a sheet of newspaper, works wonders without any chemicals. :)

must admit i always use glass cleaner but make sure that it never goes to near the top just incase of any mist entrying the tank i use a towel to clean and polish

I use anti-static cleaner as sold for computer screens
then buff gently with lint free cloth.

I just use water on a cloth. Wipe it off with a paper towel, it works wonders. Probably nothing wrong with using glass cleaner if you're careful, i"m just worried they might get sick.

I am almost embarassed to say this, but I use a product called Starfiber Miracle Cloth. Used to think it was all commercial hype, but worked a blindness information booth across from their reps several years back. When the event closed, the rep gave me a pack of the cloths and the mop.

They are great for cleaning fingerprints, water marks, etc. from the tanks and floor (with or without water and no chemicals)-- do a good job on glasses and computer screens too. The ones I use are at www.starfibers.com. I am sure there are other "microfiber technology" cloths out there-- think they are available in stores as well.

White vinegar in water applied with a cloth and then a bit of newspaper to wipe off. The vinegar cuts through fingrprint grease and water marks no probs.

Steve. said:
Just wondering what to use when cleaning the glass outside the tank, any hints?
try vinegar , or water with alot of elbo grease

Most reactions

Back