Clamped Fins?

Ok well moving on Love4 I have never heard for black butterfly. Fin rot is however black at the edges of the fins and they seem to deteriorate.
Do you have a filter in your tank?
If not how many times do you do water changes?
Do you know your PH levels

have a look at this link
http://www.nippyfish.net/illnessanddisease.html
Do any of these look like your bettas illness?

Tilly

As for the argument Devorax made it clear she wont be arguing on the topic so lets leave it there and get on with Love4's problem as she suggested.

THANK YOU!!!

ok so it is not any of those (pretty sure)

the black isnt a small area it is a large equal thing, like butterfly thats why i asked if it existed??

if not what can it be?? the fins arent deteriorateing they just grew back.

Without sounding gross...is it possible the ends of the fins have been burnt by direct heater contact? Maybe he fell asleep on the heater? Ramjet has tattered find and i have been watching them lately thinking they are clamped but its just him. Ever since being beaten up his fins havent been as perky and perfect. Does the black stuff appear to be spreading?

Is it possible it could be "dead finnage"?

Without sounding gross...is it possible the ends of the fins have been burnt by direct heater contact? Maybe he fell asleep on the heater? Ramjet has tattered find and i have been watching them lately thinking they are clamped but its just him. Ever since being beaten up his fins havent been as perky and perfect. Does the black stuff appear to be spreading?

Is it possible it could be "dead finnage"?

no it isnt burnt fins the fish was fought, then the fins grew back red now i noticed they grew back black tipped. i would think burned would be more uneven? this is perfectly even!! not spreading at all!! strange!!! :blink:

Most reactions

Back