cichlids

You don't mention what type of cichlid but as a rule: No, they aren't. They are aggressive fish and will make every other fish in the tank miserable.

You could check about rams in the new world section they will work in a ten gallon but alot of it depends on what other fish your keeping in the community

The short answer is no, even the smallest most peaceful cichlids need a minimum of a 15 gallon (24x12x15") tank.

I think the only BARELY suitable cichlid for a ten gallon is a breeding pair of Rams...

blue rams, not bolivian, because they get bigger. Ive seen some in stores that are 4 inches long and 2.5 high.

Not true guys, what about Shell Dwelling cichlids, they would do fine in a 10g, you could put 4 in there and it still wont be over stocked, but the problem is finding them, and you will have to setup a new tank for them, as in re-arrange your one, they live in snail shells and they argue alot with each other and just chase each other around alot, there really cool.

Check out this http://www.petfrd.com/forum/articles.php?a...rticle&artid=46

Shell dwellers aren't community though only rams and i still think you could stick a non-breeding pair of rams in with some small tetras or such

check em out how cute are they.
14.jpg

vantgE said:
Shell dwellers aren't community though only rams and i still think you could stick a non-breeding pair of rams in with some small tetras or such
This is 100% right, they might have to be the only fish in there, so how do you fix this problem? GET 6!!

Most reactions

Back