Cichlids In A Roma 125L?

Thanks for all the info guys. I'm still researching, their seems to be so many different cave dwellers and dwarf cichlids, I'm so unsure what to get and what can work well together?
Any stocking ideas would be welcome (I mean for the entire tank)

My main priority is to have happy and healthy fish that secondly look stunning.

I would say you could have a pair of kribensis along with a pair of dwarf gourami's. Then add a few platties and mollies. You could also have a nice shoal of cardinal tetras. Have you got any ideas?

???
Pics. pasted over the text...
???

Was going to suggest a species only tank with Fairy Cichlids....
You could watch the generations of fry raise the younger generations, they would fill that tank in no time....

???

You dont have to kill fry from fish that breed, you can easily take them down the local fish shop and just donate them, if they are a decent size you might even be able to trade them in for a little credit, cover what you spend on food etc.

Hey guys. I'm thinking of starting a fairy cichlid species only tank. Please can someone recommend how many and what ratios M:F I could hve in this tank?

I Posted this in the newbie section but guess I'll get more feedback here :)

Thanks

Hey guys. I'm thinking of starting a fairy cichlid species only tank. Please can someone recommend how many and what ratios M:F I could hve in this tank?

Thanks

One male and three females and when and if a pair forms and spawns,all bet's are off as to any remaing fish surviving lest you pull them from the tank.Male and Female will bond, and have little interest in welfare of other fish except for their fry.
Big difference from the wild where these fish shoal in the hundreds ,perhaps thousands ,and an aquarium where unwanted fish cannot escape.
Have you read any information or researched these fish?

Thanks

One male and three females and when and if a pair forms and spawns,all bet's are off as to any remaing fish surviving lest you pull them from the tank.Male and Female will bond, and have little interest in welfare of other fish except for their fry.
Big difference from the wild where these fish shoal in the hundreds ,perhaps thousands ,and an aquarium where unwanted fish cannot escape.
Have you read any information or researched these fish?

Yes I've been looking quite a lot. Most sources seem to state the can be ok in a species only tank.

Id go for juveniles. Your not gonna be able to sex them though. When a pair forms you might be ok with the others as it been observed sub dominant fish can help with the rearing of the fry. Just see how it goes. Plenty of rocks in the tank and you should be fine.

Id go for juveniles. Your not gonna be able to sex them though. When a pair forms you might be ok with the others as it been observed sub dominant fish can help with the rearing of the fry. Just see how it goes. Plenty of rocks in the tank and you should be fine.

Yeah thats the idea. How many juveniles would you recommend?

Most reactions

Back