Cichlid Unknown

HEYYYY i have a cichlid like that and its a zebra but mine is a hybrid and yours maybe also :( I dont like hybrids to be honest cause you dont know what they are therefore its hard to find a mate

HEYYYY i have a cichlid like that and its a zebra but mine is a hybrid and yours maybe also :( I dont like hybrids to be honest cause you dont know what they are therefore its hard to find a mate
hi thanks for that has anyone else know if this is a hybrid or what breed it is ?

You know it does look like what was stated above or in that family the only reason i say that it is a hybrid is cause i cant find it at all i have looked and looked :sad:

You know it does look like what was stated above or in that family the only reason i say that it is a hybrid is cause i cant find it at all i have looked and looked :sad:
the colour in the pic looks blue but mine seems to be more of a purple colour

ok ok my little guy looked a lot like yours when i first got him they look similar not the same. For some reason my camera didnt take the true color of this guy but any way his fins are more yellow verse you redish fins and has the same color body as yours does

DSCF0001-1.jpg

DSCF0003-2.jpg

who knows if they are the same fish or not yall tell us? :huh:

ok ok my little guy looked a lot like yours when i first got him they look similar not the same. For some reason my camera didnt take the true color of this guy but any way his fins are more yellow verse you redish fins and has the same color body as yours does

DSCF0001-1.jpg

DSCF0003-2.jpg

who knows if they are the same fish or not yall tell us? :huh:
mine has got them yellow spots on its anal fin too what does that mean ?

These yellow spots are called egg dots (spots ) which ever you want to call it. During mating the male will dance in front of the female showing his egg dots. The female that is holding ( has eggs in her mouth ) will think to herself :huh: " hey my eggs, i must have dropped some i better get them" :shifty: While she is chasing him he release his sperm therefore fertilizing the eggs in her mouth sooooo yeah fertilization takes place in the females mouth. Now dont jump to conclusion and think that every cichlid you see that has egg dots is a male some females have them and the reason for that...... :( i dont know the real reason and i dont know anybody that does they are just dummy spots and besides the reason a female has egg dots could go on and on and on. Any other questions???

These yellow spots are called egg dots (spots ) which ever you want to call it. During mating the male will dance in front of the female showing his egg dots. The female that is holding ( has eggs in her mouth ) will think to herself :huh: " hey my eggs, i must have dropped some i better get them" :shifty: While she is chasing him he release his sperm therefore fertilizing the eggs in her mouth sooooo yeah fertilization takes place in the females mouth. Now dont jump to conclusion and think that every cichlid you see that has egg dots is a male some females have them and the reason for that...... :( i dont know the real reason and i dont know anybody that does they are just dummy spots and besides the reason a female has egg dots could go on and on and on. Any other questions???
yeh lol how do i know if its male or female also i have 2 livingstonii cichlids and i dont know how to sex em have u any ideas ?

As far as sexing that fish..... i usually get three of a unknown fish if available but if not do you have any take mates with him??? if sooo if its a male he will dance in front of a females or males why dance in front of a male you ask??? Well i think they do it to antaganise the other one. The living stone hmmm if you get some pics of the pair i may be able to help you out if not i am sure some body here can. Sometimes looks arent enough though so you have to relay on behavior of them.

oh yeah your fish i am going to say its a male cause of his dark/bright color now this isnt true of all cichlids but in zebras especialy the females are kinda dull like brown and dull colors like that while the males are gorgeous etc.

As far as sexing that fish..... i usually get three of a unknown fish if available but if not do you have any take mates with him??? if sooo if its a male he will dance in front of a females or males why dance in front of a male you ask??? Well i think they do it to antaganise the other one. The living stone hmmm if you get some pics of the pair i may be able to help you out if not i am sure some body here can. Sometimes looks arent enough though so you have to relay on behavior of them.

oh yeah your fish i am going to say its a male cause of his dark/bright color now this isnt true of all cichlids but in zebras especialy the females are kinda dull like brown and dull colors like that while the males are gorgeous etc.
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n135/so...09082006097.jpg hi heres a pic of the 2 livingstonii ones is anyone able to tell wat sex they are from this ?

Most reactions

Back