Cichlid Tank Update

ox5477

Wet pets make the best Pets
Reaction score
Hey, been a crazy last six months, gone from a full fledged fish-a-holic to a casual lover. My passion hasn't dissappeared but due to financial issues (as felt by many others im sure), i've been cut down to a budget of almost nothing. Luckily, I have still have my cichlids though, and since you clicked the link to see them, i'll stop typying...

All of the tank ihabitants:

2050_1231-4_9_09-0001.jpg

My dominant male sev (~6"), really an attention whore:

2050_1231-4_9_09-0003.jpg

2050_1231-4_9_09-0007.jpg

Awful shot of my JD (~8" and fat), for some reason, every pic overexposed, this is the best one..... just remember "I'm watching you":

2050_1231-4_9_09-0018.jpg

Not a cichlid but a decent shot of one of the sd's:

2050_1231-4_9_09-0004.jpg

Woah, those Silver Dollars have put on some growth! I don't remember you having a Severum. Hmhmm....
I see the Dempsey still loves to hide.

Glad to see you still here...with fish. ^_^

yep, got the two sevs with the sd's when I upgraded to the 125 to fill it out. The other sev is like the dempsey and is very shy, couldn't get a good pic, but it is very expressive through it's skin and shows more emotion then either other cichlid which is cool :good:

I guess I should mention since you brought them up, almost all the sd's are roughly 6" in diameter currently.... so yes, they have filled out nicely, which is not a suprise since they will eat any food put in the tank

They are actually a very popular choice for "dither" fish with cichlids due to their unusual shape and size.

Most reactions

Back