Cichlid Id Please ?

beechey

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I received 4 fish today 1 common plec and a convict I think and these two cichlids think there the same possible male and female

and convict I think

The first one is a Salvin's cichlid. The second is a different species, but I have no clue which and where from. And yes, the last one is a convict.

yeah there defo different species , they have settled in my tank atm , no one is pickin on them , and they are not pickin on anything, there about the same size as most of my cichlids about 4-5 inch

salvins cichlid never seen or heard of these before, he looks stunnin

Can u do a better pic of the second cichlid, preferable swimming in the tank?

Salvins are great. There are morphs with more red and they get bright yellowish when in breeding mood, but the downside is they are very aggressive and its hard to form a pair and keep it together as they are so aggressive.

The third one looks abit like a blue dolphin but im not sure :/

First is Salvini, second is Mayan, third is convict and in the 4th picture is the Salvini at the front, I think the dark one at the bottom is a Severum? And the one with the spot on the tail looks vaguely like a Peacock bass? And the one on top with the line and the lateral spot is some kind of Acara but cant be 100% from this angle as to which it is - perhaps a port acara?

Wills

i will get another pic in morning, yeah its a very pretty cichlid love the blue spots all over him also like my monster firemouth i have, i will get more pics of the convict\ blue dolphin, as he does have a bit of a hump on his forehead

wills, spot on with my green sev and port arca the one which you said is a peacock bass is actually the same fish as in the second pic (mayan) , can u name my plec lol , just gonna look up peacock bass and the mayan

http://www.cichlids.com/pictures/pic/festae_male_or_female_pls.html

defo a mayan, they look lovely also , they grow massive by looks of it on google images

Learned something new again :)

Btw. what is your tank size?

Most reactions

Back