Cichlid Communtiy Q's

FishCrazyMan

Reaction score
From an earlier post "(Hi again I have a 30 gallon tank and I'm going to try to turn it in to to a cichlid community. I'm going to start almost from scratch. I will start with 1 Female Krib, 1 Clown Pleco and possibly 3 cories if they are compatible.

Can I put in any of these fish species with the mix?:

Salvin's Cichlid ( my all time fave fish )
Firemouth Cichlid
Rainbow Cichlid
Keyhole Cichlid
Male Krib
Jewel Cichlid)"
I asked compatibility in general. Now I'm going to ask compatibility individually.
So will a Salvin's Cichlid (Cichlasoma Salvini) go with a female krib?
What about a firemouth cichlid with a krib?
A Geophagus Jurupari?
Keyhole Cichlid?
Oh what about a rainbow cichlid?

Give me some ideas like:

1 Blank FIsh
3 Fishies
2 Fishe

OK?

I have Firemouths with Kribs..they argue but don't fight,my mate has this combo to with the same issue (not any really).

Geophagus in general mix well with Firemouths (similar in many ways)...Jurupari are some of the shyer Geos tho and IMO one of the more bland to look at (but are probably the cheapest).

Never kept Salvini,Rainbows or Keyholes.

Juwels are very aggressive,I had one and it near murdered my Firemouth and it was half the size,best to avoid these even tho they are very pretty.

I mix alot of cichlids,see my tank pics thread and sig for ideas.

From an earlier post "(Hi again I have a 30 gallon tank and I'm going to try to turn it in to to a cichlid community. I'm going to start almost from scratch. I will start with 1 Female Krib, 1 Clown Pleco and possibly 3 cories if they are compatible.

Can I put in any of these fish species with the mix?:

Salvin's Cichlid ( my all time fave fish ) NO
Firemouth Cichlid - You could try, depends on the FM's personality
Rainbow Cichlid - Possiblity
Keyhole Cichlid - NO, very placid and easily beaten up by a Krib
Male Krib - Yes, make sure she is smaller than the male though
Jewel Cichlid)" - No, very aggressive fish.
I asked compatibility in general. Now I'm going to ask compatibility individually.
So will a Salvin's Cichlid (Cichlasoma Salvini) go with a female krib? Definate NO
What about a firemouth cichlid with a krib? As above
A Geophagus Jurupari? NO, tank is too small and they prefer to be in groups
Keyhole Cichlid? As above
Oh what about a rainbow cichlid? As above

Give me some ideas like:

1 Blank FIsh
3 Fishies
2 Fishe

OK?

So will a Salvin's Cichlid (Cichlasoma Salvini) go with a female krib? Definate NO
What about a firemouth cichlid with a krib? As above

Firemouths and Kribs mix ok IMO,they seem to cancel eachother out aggression wise.

Unless you mean his tank is to small to host both territory wise,which Is true when they are adult fish.

I agree with FishCrazyMan... No to sal and jewel, not advised for a single geo or a keyhole, a maybe for fm. I would say your best shot would be the rainbow.

Most reactions

Back