Chromides Breeding Again !

unfortunately no, the numbers start dwindling after about 2 weeks, as they get picked off by the gobies soon as the parents are distracted. funnily the bbg's are the worst offenders - the knights dont seem too interested. I did think about putting a tank divide in but because of the size i havent found one to suit yet (tank is 20" wide by 24" tall). I dont know how they would fare without the parents so haven't yet tried separating some out into a breeding net yet, but might try this in the future

unfortunately no, the numbers start dwindling after about 2 weeks, as they get picked off by the gobies soon as the parents are distracted. funnily the bbg's are the worst offenders - the knights dont seem too interested. I did think about putting a tank divide in but because of the size i havent found one to suit yet (tank is 20" wide by 24" tall). I dont know how they would fare without the parents so haven't yet tried separating some out into a breeding net yet, but might try this in the future

Chris

I have been told that the fry has to stay with its parents for about four month, but my lfs told me that it is ok to separate them from there parents. My Knight Gobys are not interested in the fry its mainly the Mono and my GSP. I will have to move the chromides soon as I am getting a biger tank and the salinity will be to high for the chromides. I got a 20 gal and I will put the chromides in there by themsevles and see if they breed and the fry hopefully survive.

Good luck with yours

Sabine

I had the same problem with my BBGs eating the first two batches of chromide fry. I sold the BBGs to my LFS and now I've finally got some fry past the 3 week stage. They seem to grow pretty quickly.

Most reactions

Back