Chrisbassists Roma 125

what C02 are you gonna be using?

also, get some cryptocoryne wendtii or micro swords, the Crypts would look good behind the cave abd the swords as a foreground plant

I was thinking of just getting a fermentation kit. Is it nutrfin?

I'll look those up, I do want to keep the types of plant as minimal as possible. Maybe max of 4 types.

Got some p. helferi in there but if it doesn't take too well may just do a java moss carpet on half the remaining bottom. But obviously still needs something else, which is why I was think about the ferns.

I would go the home made fermentation route,and spend the extra cash on plants.Do you have any idea how long moss takes to take hold on rocks etc? I'm a newbie with moss :S lol

Edit,tank is looking great btw

Apparently a very long time. So it's usually tied on and left tied. And the moss will then cover your thread you tied with...

It's basically the same thing as the home made, costs less than 20 quid and saves me lots of time and messing about, and I'd still end up buying bits like air line, ladders, and whatever else, so in the long run probably wouldn't cost too much more. And I will not be buying their refill packs, since it's easier to buy the yeast and stuff across the road and apparently works better.

6f2bb21d.jpg

Thought id update. It's had a few trims now.

Gonna have to update fish pics too. Looking at them there's 2 pics of the same keyhole. They're so easy to tell apart I don't know how I got it wrong.

Looking really good chris :good: I can spot your apistos from here! They are really stunning :D

Cheers wills. You should have seen it before the trim. It was a proper jungle. I took off over half the length of most of the val.

I shall get my can on the fish soon, they've grown a bit, not full size yet but a fair amount bigger than they were.

like your tank,didn't know female apisto. cacaut. have colored fins, can;'t wait till mine grow up!

more pics please x

like your tank,didn't know female apisto. cacaut. have colored fins, can;'t wait till mine grow up!

more pics please x
The other one doesn't, just the black edging. I guess much like us every one is different.

Most reactions

Back