Chilli+betta Equals Water Change?

dartan

Reaction score
Do I have to change the water of the betta's tank if I accidentally put chilli in it?

I'm not even going to ask how you managed that. I'm still fairly new to all this, but as far as I can tell it shouldn't be a problem as long as you got all of it out so that it doesn't rot and foul the water. But it would be best to get some other replies first.

dartan thnx for helping me post,Okay,my **** put chilli in my betta tank as **** thinks it would make the colouration and strength better.But i remove the chilli and did a 100% change.Imagine ur inside a bowl of curry with ur eyes open.How painful is that?!

Yeah... I dont know how the chili came in it, but of course you should change the water. The chili has chemicals that may change the water in chemistry. If you buy the canned ones then they will have chemicals that come from Preservatives. But as for all pets, fish dont eat chili or swim in it. :D . So I think its best to change the water...

Yes, I would do a 100% water change. Am not sure what chili does for the water. If you want to try to chnage the water chemistry, I would recommend a indian almond leaf or a banana leaf.

Why would someone eat chillie or any other kind of food over a fish tank ???? Thats sounds a little red neckesh if you ask me :shifty: :lol:

Erm… is the betta ok? Did he survive his Chilli fiasco?

Most reactions

Back