Cherry Shrimp

adammichael

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i bought a batch of new fish as i only had 2 guppies in my tank which i havent had long. so i bought 2 clown loaches, a fighter fish, a blue dolphin cichlid and a cherry shrimp. Id only had them a day and overnight the cherry shrimp has gone, it must of been eat as i didnt have any plants in the aquarium just a rock which it hid under. Im pretty gutted that its gone cause it was pretty good to watch.
it could still be alive if they bury thereselves in gravel but its doubtful its under my gravel

Sorry dude... Cherries are pretty wimpy, and I think any of those fish would've eaten it. If you want to keep shrimp with fish, you'll need to give them plenty of hiding spaces and pick a shrimp that's a little larger. Even then, it'll very vulnerable after it moults... :/

Personally, I keep shrimp in a shrimp only tank... Though there's a thread somewhere on here about fish that would be safe to keep with shrimp... Sorry, I'm not sure where. You might have to search for it.

sorry but i have to agree, its almost definate that the shrimp was eaten, most fish you have would could have eaten it.
have to ask, but what size tank do you have, clownloaches need hugh tanks, also not sure about the cichlid and the fight fish being together, by fighter fish i assume you mean a betta.
by adding lots more plants,rocks and caves, you might be able to add a few other shrimp, im not very good with cichlids and dont know anything about blue dolphins, but bettas ive found are mostly fine with larger shrimps such as glass and amano shrimp.

Most reactions

Back