Cheaper alternative to Indian almond leaves?

Calm down, everyone. I swear that I feel like I’m baby sitting sometimes! Live Oak trees are a beautiful old tree that can live 100+years. They were all over Southern plantations during the antebellum and post. war. Speaking of which, Aunt Jemima pancakes are being discontinued.
Dang…

It usually helps to do a bit of research when "discussions" turn into the last three pages of posts here. I just did, and wtusa is referring to the oak species Quercus fusiformis which has common names like Texas Live Oak, Escarpment Live Oak, Plateau Live Oak, etc. The leaves I would never think of as oak, because they do not have the familiar oak leaf indentations. But according to the photos (see below) this is an oak.

Attachments

• live-oak-leaf-detail-treeland-nursery.jpg
    live-oak-leaf-detail-treeland-nursery.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 65
Hi, I'm sorry but I can't help with what u can use, only with one plant u can't use, and that is willow, willow will make ur fish sleepy, we used to use it for a terrier pup when busy doing monthly accounts etc, we used to give him willow sticks (willow sticks with the bark attached) to chew, there is more tannic acid in bark than leaves,
But research each plant u intend to use.
Also look up bark tanning of hides, cause those guys know what has the higher levels of tannic acic, but u can't poison a hide cause the animal is already dead,, so still reasearch each plant, if u do want to use bark.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back