Cheap Tanks??

ellamarie

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm trying to find a tank, and hopefully a stand, to upgrade my two goldfish into. Currently I am struggling to find a tank that is both cheap and does not leak. So far I have checked my tows Facebook page and I haven't really found anything worth my while, either the tank is too small or it doesn't even hold water. Anyone know of a cheaper place or should I bite the bullet and get a new one?

Petco is having their 50% sale.... what size do you want? I guess for two goldfishes you might want a 40B or larger.

Cheap is of course a useless parameter as what is cheap to one person might be expensive for another..... so perhaps a better title or description might result in a more useful answer.... Btw you could always go to target and get a tote.... or if you dig a hole that is deep enough in your backyard so the temp of the water stays above freezing that might work....

Bite the bullet and get a new aquarium so you don't have to worry about the secondhand one leaking or having some awful disease in that affects your fish.

If you do get secondhand, check the silicon (glue holding the glass together) and make sure it's not cream or white and doesn't have any bubbles in. When silicon goes cream or white or gets bubbles in, it is breaking down.

Silicon should also be firm but slightly squishy when you touch it. If the silicon is hard or brittle, it is old and failing.

Bite the bullet and get a new aquarium so you don't have to worry about the secondhand one leaking or having some awful disease in that affects your fish.

If you do get secondhand, check the silicon (glue holding the glass together) and make sure it's not cream or white and doesn't have any bubbles in. When silicon goes cream or white or gets bubbles in, it is breaking down.

Silicon should also be firm but slightly squishy when you touch it. If the silicon is hard or brittle, it is old and failing.
Probably going to bite the bullet. I tried finding stuff online but like you said most have leaks.

Probably going to bite the bullet. I tried finding stuff online but like you said most have leaks.

Theres a lot of great tanks used for cheap if you just keep looking every so often. I've gotten some killer deals by being patient.

The Aqueon tanks are on sale 50% off right now but I've seen too many bad reviews with pics showing them leaking. Hate to come home to dead wet pets so cheap isn't always better imo. Check out visio tanks, 40g breeders are $125 w/lids. Idk exactly what size you're looking for

Most reactions

Back