Cheap Tanks

big-george91

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi everyone

does anyone know any websites which sell cheap fish tanks

thanks for any help

From what I've learned by talking to a lot of hard core fish guys around where I live the best way to get a cheap tank is to look on forums / craig's list for people in your local area wanting to get rid of their tanks. If you look hard enough you can find tanks for a steal and save by picking them up instead of paying for shipping.

UK or US......

I keep an eye on Fleabay, Craigslist, Gumtree and Freecycle (in the UK)......I have never bought new...and always had excellent bargains.....bootsales can also turn up the odd tank (£20 for the last Hagen 3ft I bought with Eheim Pro filter and all pipework...sold the tank on for £40 to a mate, and upgraded my filtration).

Again in the UK....Aquarist-Classifieds are pretty good.

...oh...and forums are good....any forum...just keep an eye on the "general classifieds" section of pretty much any forum for bits and bobs...

.....and word of mouth..........let it be known that you are "in the market" for fish tanks.

Last year, I also put an ad in the local paper, saying that I was looking to buy cheap fish tanks.....got a few and sold a couple on Ebay...didn't make a mint, but a bit of cash coming in pays for fish food and consumables........it is also a bit of fun too.

Most reactions

Back