Cheap Light And Lid Ideas Neeeded

this is the light unit i have from my 4ft clearseal tank

Attachments

• 4ft_light_unit_Copy.JPG
    4ft_light_unit_Copy.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 33
this is the bulb but as you can see its too long...but could i get a smaller one ?

Attachments

• 4ft_light_bulb_works_Copy.jpg
    4ft_light_bulb_works_Copy.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_2053___Copy.jpg
    100_2053___Copy.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 30
this is the interpet luminaire light the prev owner used but kept for their new tank,its now discontinued but cost over £130 anyway so out price range.

Attachments

• old_light_unit.jpg
    old_light_unit.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 35
this is the bulb but as you can see its too long...but could i get a smaller one ?

I think you'll find that light unit will be to powerful for a smaller tube, you would need to check the specs on it. If your just going to go with a solution like that it might be worth just picking up a new light unit and a couple of tubes, T5's maybe?

hi there dont no if you have solved the issue but you could just use stong perspex sheet as a lid and maybe small arcadia arc clip on lights maybe 2 ov them easy clips on and there pretty cheap on ebay

thanks i will check light unit specs ..
also the arcadia arc is there a certain size i would need and what wattage do i need for this tank
thanks x

do no the watts of the light i think they are 11watts but with two ov them clipped straight on the back they may be bright enough for what you need check on ebay they may do different watts on them

ive got someone whos cutting some wood for me for the bowfront from a template ...theyre gonna try attaching a hinge to it and see how it goes from there ..

is the 40 watt interpet unit i have too big ?

the bulb in it at present is a arcadia ff38 its 42" long but dont no the wattage ?

when hunter says get different light unit and couple of t5s soz what do you mean :blink: :blink: ?

is there a unit that takes 2 bulbs that screws into reflecters or lid ? or does he mean a new clip on top light ..

Most reactions

Back