Change Up 10 Gallon , Need Ideas?

thezodiac

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
alright guys so i currently have a 10 gallon that i would like to change around a lot.

link to tank: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3804453

tank currently

20120330225727.jpg

currently im thinking im going to switch to black gravel, then planning on removing everything except the anubias.

thinking id like to add a few more live plants (looking for recommendations)
i dont believe that the lights in this tank are very powerful so that needs to be a consideration.
(2 25 watt circular bulb they look like this: http://www.amazon.com/General-Electric-45513-248-Lumen-Incandescent/dp/B000HJD93Y/ref=sr_1_6?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1333174734&sr=1-6)

also would like to change up the fish, have a few guppies that im going to move to another tank.

(and if anyone has experience with switching gravel, do you think i can do this without throwing my tank into a mini cycle? )

so looking for recommendations for plants and fish. (also open for other ideas)

As long as you dont have an Under Gravel filter then you can quite easily change the substrate.

The Bamboo in the centre is not aquatic & will rot. The anubis needs to be attached to a rock or wood not "planted" in the substrate. You do this with a piece of fishing line, cotton or, my favorite way, superglue gel.

Here are a few easy plants.

Java Fern, Java Moss, Cambomba, Vallisneria, Brazilian Pennywort (I love this plant). These are all beginner friendly & will thrive in low light conditions.

Tom

As long as you dont have an Under Gravel filter then you can quite easily change the substrate.

The Bamboo in the centre is not aquatic & will rot. The anubis needs to be attached to a rock or wood not "planted" in the substrate. You do this with a piece of fishing line, cotton or, my favorite way, superglue gel.

Here are a few easy plants.

Java Fern, Java Moss, Cambomba, Vallisneria, Brazilian Pennywort (I love this plant). These are all beginner friendly & will thrive in low light conditions.

Tom

thanks tom. no i have a hob aquaclear 20.

superglue isnt toxic in an aquarium ?

thanks for all the plant suggestions, can the rest of these be planted straight into the gravel ?

any fish suggestions ? considering a single betta or moving my bolivian ram over alone

thought id post an updated picture. switched out the gravel and changed out the plants for all live ones.

i think it definitely looks a bit classier :lol:

20120331224229.jpg

still planning on adding a bit more , but itll depend on what kind of fish i go with. (also water isnt at full clarity yet )

most likely a piece of driftwood and something to serve as a home

Most reactions

Back