Change Of Water

Captain Birds Eye

Reaction score
Please can someone tell me if it is true that you can use tap water straight from tap as long as you leave it in bucket overnight without having to add 'Tapsafe' ?

Having been told by my local Aquarium shop today am very confused having been told this!

Regards,

Mark

Hi, another example of LFS bad advice, leaving it over night would never break down the chlorine, for the sake of just around £4.00 a month on a 60L tank with a weekly 10-20% water change, I would be on the safe side and use Tapsafe. Chlorine seriously hurts the fish, I would quite frankly find yourself another LFS.

Hi, another example of LFS bad advice, leaving it over night would never break down the chlorine, for the sake of just around £4.00 a month on a 60L tank with a weekly 10-20% water change, I would be on the safe side and use Tapsafe. Chlorine seriously hurts the fish, I would quite frankly find yourself another LFS.

Thanks mate will take your advice and get some 'Tapsafe' to be on the safe side then!

many thanks...
Mark

Hi, The chlorine would "gas" out of the water if laft to stand, however the heavy metals would not be delt with, also some water has chloramine (spelling??) which would also not be delt with by leaving the water to stand. As cjohnston says pay the money!!

Most reactions

Back