Change Juwel Powerhead/pump?

ryanwylie

Reaction score
Ive got a juwel rekord 800, and it has the standard filter. But, the powerhead/pump doesnt really agitate the surface of the water, even with the nozel turned up to the surface. The powerhead is a bioflow 400, which came with the tank.

Can I put a bigger powerhead in the filter housing - are there any implications of doing this?

you can buy a bigger, pump but your filtration wont be as good

Ok forget that then. Ive got a divers helmet with an airstone but i have it on a timer to come on at three intervals, 2 hours at a time. Is six hours enough in the day?

Ok forget that then. Ive got a divers helmet with an airstone but i have it on a timer to come on at three intervals, 2 hours at a time. Is six hours enough in the day?

you dont even need an airstone really, they are there for aesthetic reasons

you dont even need an airstone really, they are there for aesthetic reasons

if not then, how does the water get the oxygen in it? (Sorry if this is a stupid question but im new to this)

My powerhead doesnt seem to be displacing the same amount of water the past few days. The tank is only running about 6 weeks so I cant see how it could be clogged. The output pipe is showing very little flow, e.g. very few ripples in the water as what there used to be.

Any ideas?

how often are you cleaning the filter wool? you should rinse it in tank water whenever it becomes clogged ( once a week generally) and if you dont it reduces flow considerably

Okay.......stupid me, i have never rinsed them yet. Will do first thing tomorrow evening. When I remove the filter sponges it will create a sandstorm of particles though wont it? Also if there is anything stuck to the inside of the filter housing will I clean it off too?

Oh right, so leave the two large sponges where they are? I read that the carbon pad and white pad on top (assuming this is the floss) need to be changed every 4 weeks, so I got replacements at the weekend but never put them in yet.

P.S. I really appreciate your help!!!

Most reactions

Back