Ceylon Puffers & Feeding

crackmonkey

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My Ceylon Puffers eat any frozen fish foods that I give them, bloodworm, discus mix, krill, cichlid mix & brine shrimp. I give them snails once a week to keep their teeth down too. Im just wondering it im giving them a good diet or is there something else better for them?

mot realy Feed ghost shrimp, snails, bloodworms, krill, shell-on shrimp, crabs, clams, and mussels. Snails
by the way whats your tank size and poulation

mot realy Feed ghost shrimp, snails, bloodworms, krill, shell-on shrimp, crabs, clams, and mussels. Snails
by the way whats your tank size and poulation

40 gallon with four Ceylons but they were sold to me as Figure Eights and then I found out otherwise. Planning on getting rid of two since they grow to around 6 - 8 inches, maybe eventually get rid of them all together when they get too big for the tank and replace them with two figure eights.

yeah you have to be careful of what they say they are, they're almost always mis-marked and in fresh water

yeah you have to be careful of what they say they are, they're almost always mis-marked and in fresh water

Very true.
Around here I see ceylons marked up as figure eights more often than I see actual figure eights and the two species are VERY different.

Very true.
Around here I see ceylons marked up as figure eights more often than I see actual figure eights and the two species are VERY different.

Tell me about it!!!!!!!!

I purchased two "figure 8" puffers yesterday, only to get home and post a pic on the pufferforum as i was not convinced and found out they were Ceylons!!

This caused a big problem as i only had a 25 gallon for them! I had to split my community fish up today and change them into my 60G tank. Poor community fish!

Most reactions

Back