Caves And Hiding Places

nice caves chris, if i was you id be tempted to see if i could make any money on ebay making those :good:

Far too much effort for me. ESP when they're so easy to make yourself.

And pretty cheap too. I've spent £15 roughly. If I reasearched the sealant you could cut that right down from the £8 to about 3 by choosing a safe sealant in a diy store. The gun for the sealant was a couple of pounds, and about a giver for a bag of slate.

Out of all that, I have about half a bag of slate left, a third of the sealant, and never have to buy any more sealant guns.

If you take out the gun, I've spent £8.50 on my hardscape which includes 9 caves of varying sizes.

I may make another one as a photo tutorial and to use up the sealant and stuff.

to make the really big cave must have taken ages but it does look amazing i think ill have to give it a go when i get some moolah

Ash

Very nice!!! Right now I have a couple caves mocked up from terra cotta pots. What kind of silicone did you use? What ingredients SHOULDN'T the label read? The reason I ask is cause I have a couple automotive tubes of silicone, clear and black. Is there something different in the automotive ones? Here are my caves without sealant so far...

8cde2465.jpg

They look really nice actually. I'm going to be working on some slate caves at the weekend. Silicone, I was advised to stick to Aquarium sealant, that there could be alot of things that could affect the water. You can get one of these big tubes on ebay for like £5 posted I think, I got one last week.

you can buy stuff from bnq but forgot what its called but it hsould not have anti moss stuff in or something like that but it is safer to go with aquaruim sealant you can get it off ebay really cheap like already stated :)

ash

Heres my small creations I've been working on for a few weeks (don't get much time on them aswell as drying time) Oh and sorry only crappy phone pics!

Photo0058.jpg

Photo0059.jpg

Photo0057.jpg

Photo0056.jpg

Heres my small creations I've been working on for a few weeks (don't get much time on them aswell as drying time) Oh and sorry only crappy phone pics!

Photo0058.jpg

Photo0059.jpg

Photo0057.jpg

Photo0056.jpg

Those are some crazy cobwebs you have back there! LOL!! Nice work on that project!

Haha yea they are mighty scary to be honest! Its my dads shed, don't have any space in my own flat to work on things like this, about time he cleaned it up!

Most reactions

Back