Cat Question

VampirePlec

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
it may seem an odd question but can cats get blisters? my kitten has a soft kind of lump bubble on her tummy is it possible it is a blister from sliding along the floor on her stomach? it doesn't seem to hurt her.

thanks in advance.

it may seem an odd question but can cats get blisters? my kitten has a soft kind of lump bubble on her tummy is it possible it is a blister from sliding along the floor on her stomach? it doesn't seem to hurt her.

thanks in advance.

It is likely a fat deposit if it is soft. However, I'd have your vet look at it if it gets any bigger. I don't know how old or how much your cat weighs, but fat deposits are pretty common in older or fatter cats. If there is growth, it could be cancerous. Keep an eye on it, if she seems to be in pain when you touch it then you should take her to the vet immediately.

Laura

I'd also have a vet look at it. It could be a hernia that occured in fat tissue. My dog has one of those, and it doesn't cause her any pain. It's kinda like the animal version of an outy belly butten. This is what our vet told us. We had her hernia fixed, but it poped back out. She has had it three and a half years now, and she's fine.
I think cats can get blisters, but I would think they would look just like the ones we get.

she is almost 2 months old. at first we thought it might have been her belly button cause round bout where the belly button should be but i hadnt felt it until yesterday so i was abit unsure - and my other cat is so old and fluffy i couldnt remember ever finding a belly button on her.
thank you for your help she is off to the vet in a few days to get a check up.l

I agree that this sounds like an umbilical hernia. If it is fairly small, your veterinarian will likely recommend surgical repair at the time of her spay.

just to give everyone an update she went in for her first needle and the vet had a look at the lump and it is just an umbilical hernia, wich he is happy to remove it when she gets de sexed.

Most reactions

Back