Careers In Fish Keeping?

rabbut and Tolak, If its true the guppies and other fish coming in from the large asian sources arrive in less hardy condition, what do you think might be the cause? Is it the longer shipping time? Will they have been damaged enough by that to be worse off? Or is the the breeding methods and handling where they're coming from? I assume there are large "farm" operations and that probably these days there are fewer and larger ones than years ago, so probably US/UK middlemen or retailers are pretty familiar with the sources?

~~waterdrop~~

Just shoddy breeding realy. Granted, shipping will have some effect, but healthy fish will recover quickly :good:

i started work at 16 in pets at home part time, as well as going to college and doing business, graphics, photography and ict ... seemed to help learning all that can do some good point of sale, signs etc now =) then moved at 17 too my lfs, and recently ive started running it at 19, hopefully in next few years aim to move furthur up and look after a section of aquatics or become an aquatics buyer for the company.

i cant complain i had no idea what i wanted to do, it is a stressful job specially with the state of our economy, all loses, write offs breakages need to be watched carefully ... still ii enjoy it get to work with fish all day and look after some cracking display tanks as well !

Most reactions

Back