Cardinal Tetra (where Did They All Dissapear?)

s007

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Here is my big problem i do not want to buy fish online especially Cardinals as they hate transportation. I have been calling about 4 nearest LFS to my house even some in west end London none of those shops have them. I have been waiting now for like 3 weeks even more and they still dont have any? Is this just my luck or is there really something happening?

Serg

the goldfish bowl in oxford has some as i went there on friday but there about £2.5 each!!!!

the goldfish bowl in oxford has some as i went there on friday but there about £2.5 each!!!!

Nah mate thats way too expensive! as i need to get about 10-15 of them. i noticed online they are one quid! but delivery costs me around £10-15 all together that comes up to same as buying in shop with thoughts that you buying blind coz u havt seen the fish. Maybe some one had good experience buying fish online cardinals and can give me a website with cheap postage.

Thanks

i have 8 of them you can have for a tenner if your ever down in wales theyre about medium size at the moment

Nah mate thats way too expensive! as i need to get about 10-15 of them. i noticed online they are one quid! but delivery costs me around £10-15 all together that comes up to same as buying in shop with thoughts that you buying blind coz u havt seen the fish. Maybe some one had good experience buying fish online cardinals and can give me a website with cheap postage.

Thanks

Online prices are going to be much cheaper than in store, £2.50 for a Cardinal is average.

My suggestion is if you can't afford the species, chose an alternative,

Pets at home have a load of neons labelled as cardinals. :lol:
I personally havnt seen any for a while either.

Are they getting rare or something? I've noticed the price of them going up over the past few years and seeing them less and less. :blink:

I just bought 6 for £12 at Maidenhead aquatics yesterday and they had loads but not many Neons lol!
Individually they were £2.50 each I think they do tend to be more expensive as they have the 'wow' factor. I think I prefer Neons myself but the jury is still deliberating on this one and my cards are quite young.

I think they get imported from the far east. Maybe all the troubles over there have caused supply problems?

Ive seen many online stores sell them at £1.05 and smallest price ive seen is £0.95 But postage is ranges from £12-15 tho i prefer to see what i buy and pay that extra £1
and Davo86 its not that i cant afford them as i keep Discus in my tank money is not an issue if you read my thread header you'll probably understand what this all about they are for some reason very hard to find now and if you do they are eather too yound or too expensive (meaning price for their species not as in ££ itself)

Ive seen many online stores sell them at £1.05 and smallest price ive seen is £0.95 But postage is ranges from £12-15 tho i prefer to see what i buy and pay that extra £1
and Davo86 its not that i cant afford them as i keep Discus in my tank money is not an issue if you read my thread header you'll probably understand what this all about they are for some reason very hard to find now and if you do they are eather too yound or too expensive (meaning price for their species not as in ££ itself)

well i'd say the stores in your area are all using the same supplier then because i have deliveries of them weekly and every aquatics within 25miles of me has them in (except P@H for obvious reasons)

ive just bought 5 from my local fish shop in basildon 5 for £10

surely by the time you pay postage online it works out the same as a shops price anyway :huh:

Most reactions

Back