Carbon

strttndrrn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
seen this on ebay for £6 ACTIVE CARBON 800ml AQUARIUM FILTER / MARINE TROPICAL

do i need this for my nano tank i read i put some of this in one of the chambers of the tank and it helps keep the water clean

iam planing a live rock and fish and cuc only tank and then maybe adding corals is the carbon any use to me

Carbon has a few uses, but has to be replaced too often for most people to think it's worth doing.

I think it's worth having some. But don't put it in til you need it.

You can use it to remove meds, or remove tannins, but most reefs won't use wood anyway.

Unless your water is murky or coloured I'd say don't bother, but have it to hand if you need to dose something for clearing it out.

what do i need to put in the back chamber or do i just rely on the live rock as a filter

u can add carbon. if you have a toadstool coral then some people run it. atm i just have my live rock + skimmer for my filtration

I would disagree with not using Carbon its very good at polishing your water in addtion it removes any toxins released from leathers. Mine gets changed 6 weekly and I have always run it in my marine tanks anything that removes pollutants from the water column is good in my eyes :good:

iam just planing to have 2 clown fish and a clean up crew no corals for a while shoul i just buy the carbon any way morri

There is no need to but it will do no harm to add a golf ball size bag to your tank :)

I should add it might be worth looking at adding a toadstool to your tank as you may find your clowns host in it and they are quiet easy to keep :good:

is there any thing else i need to add to the tank in the chambers

in the left chmaber i have a heater
the middle chamber i have a skimmer
the right chamber i have the pump

is there any thing else i need to add to my shopping list i want to make sure i have everything before i buy the water and the live rock

is there any thing else i need to add to the tank in the chambers

in the left chmaber i have a heater
the middle chamber i have a skimmer
the right chamber i have the pump

is there any thing else i need to add to my shopping list i want to make sure i have everything before i buy the water and the live rock

Phosphate remover ?

iam going to add carbon bag but should i add sum rowa phos and sum carbon to the back chamber

Yip you can add both phosphate remover in a bag in the back best to keep separate as they will last different amounts of time :)

Most reactions

Back