Capy, My Skinny Piggy

guineapigqueen

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just a week ago I received my baby, she is called Capy. She is around 9 weeks old now and has a small amount of white hair on her nose and feet.
She is ment to be this way, hairless, the breed is called a Skinny Pig.

Here are some pictures of her,

capy13.jpg

capy18.jpg

capy19.jpg

What do you think of her?

Some people love them and some people aren't keen.

Emma x

:/ Why is she "meant" to be that way ? Surely that's not natures' intention to leave them hairless and exposed to the elements ? :unsure:

I'm sure she's a sweetheart though :wub:

:/ Why is she "meant" to be that way ? Surely that's not natures' intention to leave them hairless and exposed to the elements ? :unsure:

I'm sure she's a sweetheart though :wub:

I put 'she is ment to be this way' because some people might have thought she has a major skin problem when infact she is a Hairless Guinea Pig.
The breed was orginally bred in labs for skin testing in America and they have become popular as pets. They are very hard to come by in the UK.

Emma x

bit like a hairless chiuahua or those bald cats really.
Why would you do that?
She's verycute though in a bald sorta way and skinny pig lol i love it!!!

She looks like a hairy old woman with whiskers. :lol: But I think she is cute. Is she wierd to touch? She doesn't look very strokable.
I'd nominate last pic as pic of the month!!! She's something special. :)

crazy looking animal!
i've never been big on hairless animals
saw some hairless rats in a pet store the other day, kinda creepy

she has a kind face though!

I LOVE hairless critters, too cute! :wub:

Amazing, who knew?

I like her, she's odd but unsual. I love the bald cats too.

Is she named after the capybara? She's absolutely adorable! I second the nomination for the second picture.
Yeah she is named after Capybara. I love them.

I must warn people if you are interested in getting one as a pet, they are very time consuming. She is kept indoors, to top of the fish tank to be exact, the heat of the light heats the bottom of the cage and obs' warms Capy. I am currently trying to get her a Snugglesafe to keep her warm during the night, she currently has a heat lamp.
I treat her like any of my other guineas, but she needs extra little bits, like the heat and loads of food, her metablism is faster than a hair Guinea because she produces more heat. Also every day I have to put something on her skin because she becomed very dry, its because of all the artifical heat.
She is very demanding also, she loves food so its always got to be in her cage and hay, but that is like any normal hairy Guinea, she will grow the same size as a normal Guinea Pig, she does everything the same just hasnt got any hair.

I LOVE HER :wub:

Emma x

Most reactions

Back