Cant Stop Getting Filters - I'm Paranoid

have any of you "paranoid" people ever actually had a filter fail?

Have you heard of "sod's law"? lol

But seriously - I run the extra to provide me with spare medium should I need it for a hospital tank etc. Means I can set one up with the same water and filter medium in no time at all.

Me...never. But if you spend any length of time on here you will hear of people panicking because a filters packed up from time to time.

And like I say, my biggest reason for the extra filtration is so that I can setup another tank at any given moment - not to mention that if someone off here or a couple of the other fishy sites I go on had a filter pack up and were local I could lend them one to get them out of the ####.

There is no such thing as too much filtration, so long as the flow isn't disturbing the fish.

i have had a filter pack up but it never damaged my stats or the fish cos i had another one running and the tank was heavilly planted
I also donate filter media to people on here and people locally through my lfs so i've always got lots of mature stuff to swap/give away

I have 3 small filters spare under the bed along with a 3 gallon tank ( that I'm not allowed to use by the law of mother's wrath ) I have a UGF that came with a second hand 5 gal tank , a small HOB and a smallworld mini filter still in the packaging ( It was only £3.99 and I have an airpump already if I need to use it!!! )

I had a spare Fluval 1 in my 30 gal just sitting around cycling for no reason...until I discovered one of my female bettas was in fact a Plakat male, at which point out came the spare 5 gallon, and in went the Fluval 1 plus sand, plants and Bronson.

You never know when you'll need a spare filter! I think I may get a big model of the new Fluval U internal series to sit in my 30 gal for a bit of extra filtration actually....

I have 2 filters in my 10 gallon, because its divided and the divider was slowing filtration down.

In my community i only have 1 filter, and even on occasion turn it off, and nothing bad has ever happened :lol: :p

Most reactions

Back