Cant Get Hold Of Anti-biotics

julia298

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ive been ringing around local vets in my area today to try and get anti-biotics for what could be TB or a nasty bacterial outbreak. No luck! None of them even knew of anyone to put me in touch with who would prescribe antibiotics for fish.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the NE of england where i could try. Is it possible to buy any on-line anywhere?

Expensive though cheaper than buying a tank of new fish, good luck, let us all know how you get on.

Expensive though cheaper than buying a tank of new fish, good luck, let us all know how you get on.

WOW, it is expensive. Just clicked on checkout & they slap on shipping charges and prescription charges and it ends up being double original price. I wonder what story I could spin my GP...:lol:

I had it once for ache from my doctor put some lipstick spots on your face and neck. :lol:
http://www.edrugnet.co.uk/buy-minocin.htm

:lol: I might try my own vet again tomorrow. Theyve had their share of money out of me - ive been there with the dog every week for past 6 weeks. They said they would need to see the fish to prescribe but i might try a bit of gentle persuasion again.

Good luck, fingers crossed he lets you have the percription.

Not sure exactly what you need, but I know you can sometimes for Maracyn on eBay (in the UK).
Failing that, send a pm to gf225 (the moderator in the plant section) - he's bought it online in the UK :)

I still cant get any from a vet.

HAd a look on e-bay. CAnt find any minocin but found some tetracycline - is this any good?

No not really need a antibiotic to treat tb as some antibiotic treat different things,
look here but not the writer of this information.
Infected fish must be isolated quickly because the disease is highly contagious (see below). Treat with a combination of sulphafurazone (0.2mg/g fish), doxycycline (0.005 mg/g fish) and minocycline (0.005 mg/g fish) administered intramuscularly. It is also recommended to feed any sick fish isoniazid. It may take up to 2 months for fish to completely heal. Kanacyn also claims to be helpful in treating Piscine Tuberculosis.

Most reactions

Back