Canister mod question

Tyimbo

Reaction score
I have a oase biomaster 350 for my 75 gallon freshwater tank. The filter died and spare parts are not working. This tank has gone through two canister filters and a Hob in the last 4 yrs. I'm toying with the idea of getting a Jebao inline pump running through the dead oase 350. I pulled the impeller so there no real flow restrictions. Any thoughts on this would like to hear some opinions.

Sounds like a good idea.

Are any of the filters covered under warranty?

That's a serious run of bad luck. I am annoyed if a filter of any sort doesn't last at least 8 years. I think I may have had one or two marinelands fail in that time, ever. All others have kept working.

If you bought it by credit card/ bank card, there should be proof of purchase on a bank statement.

If you bought it by credit card/ bank card, there should be proof of purchase on a bank statement.
Your right I did get a new impeller but it didn't work. The unit cleaned well and I liked the built in pre-filters and heater but it always was getting air bound and cavitatiing.

Ny okdest Egeim has beein in use for about 20 years. The first 10 it acted as the diffuser for my pressurized CO2 which wen directly into the filter intake. I have a couple more running for 12 -15 years. I have a few AquaClear Hangons running for longer.

I have a couple of H.O.T. magnums runng for extended years but they stopped making the proper size mucron carts for them and they are discontinued. I jury rig and I have kept one still going.

Get the right brands and you ill be surprised how long they last as long as you do the needed maint.

I refuse to buy filters witn built in extras like heaters of prefilters. Both of these have better pplaces to be in my systems. I use inline heaters with my canisters and all of my filters have sponge prefilters on their intakes.

Most reactions

Back