can you tell?

firemouth

Reaction score
can anyone please tell me if you can tell when a guppy is about to give birth are there any signs i would really like to know as i always have my females have them and they rnt in the breeding tank i cant tell when she is about to give birth so any help would b very helpful lol cheers

With my guppies, my females get so big that they have problems keeping balance, lol! But my signs i noticed are the females stops eating. Thats a pretty good sign that she will deliver soon(check during feeding time that she doesnt take food in then spit it out). Also i noticed the soon-to-be-mom will want to be alone, usually hiding somewhere at the surface away from the action and pesky males.
Thats all I got to offer, hope you can determine it :thumbs:

I have the same problem. I can't tell when my guppies are ready to give birth.
I saw 1 guppie give birth as i was feeding them today.
Have move her to a breeding tank and have 7 fry so far.
There is a pic in Livebearers General Breeding top of this formal and my guppie looked just like that pic.

How long doe's it take for a guppie from start to finish giving birth?

i think it could actually take a few days for her to give birth. i know my molly had fry over a two day period

my guppy had her fry today 30 all together but 2 got eaten so only 30 now would have been 32 :( but hey better none :D

A COUPLE OF MONTHS BACK MY MOLLIES WHO WERE SUPPOSE TO BE MALES ACTUALLY HAD BABIES. I HAD NO IDEA THAT THEY WERE EVEN PREGNATE SO TO TEL YOU THE TRUTH THEY WERE VERY DISTANT TOWARDS EACH OTHER. :fish:

Most reactions

Back