Can You Id My Plant?

Cro-Baller

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Please see the picture below, it's not very good I'm afraid as my camera is a bit crap and my tank needs a clean. :blush:

I'd like to know if it's bogwood or substrate for it when I do my planted tank.

P1010005-1.jpg

looks like hc,it's a def substrate job.It's actually a stem plant.
Lol,wee edit (had to get my label for the spelling!!),hemianthus callitrichoides!!

looks like hc,it's a def substrate job.It's actually a stem plant.
Lol,wee edit (had to get my label for the spelling!!),hemianthus callitrichoides!!

A very long substrate job. For maximum effect, you need to plant very small clumps or individual stems. This will involve tweezers most definitely. Your back will also ache and your fingers will prune. I speak from experience. Not a 20 minute job, that's for sure.

llj

A very long substrate job. For maximum effect, you need to plant very small clumps or individual stems. This will involve tweezers most definitely. Your back will also ache and your fingers will prune. I speak from experience. Not a 20 minute job, that's for sure.

llj
Cheers for that.

I am planning a whole day to do the full tank makeover so hopefully I have given enough time to encorporate this too. :crazy:

What a lot of people also do,less time consuming,is cut it into cm sized chunks (it comes with rockwool in the pot that the roots are all tangled in). Cm or smaller sized chunks,trim the rockwool right down to half a cm or so,then plant these in the substrate,the rockwool left on will also help keep it in the substrate until the roots catch hold.
As said above though,old school aquascaping means hours of back breaking,tear inducing work with tweezers,but then again,who'd have thought a few years ago of using superglue for your ferns and mosses?

What a lot of people also do,less time consuming,is cut it into cm sized chunks (it comes with rockwool in the pot that the roots are all tangled in). Cm or smaller sized chunks,trim the rockwool right down to half a cm or so,then plant these in the substrate,the rockwool left on will also help keep it in the substrate until the roots catch hold.
As said above though,old school aquascaping means hours of back breaking,tear inducing work with tweezers,but then again,who'd have thought a few years ago of using superglue for your ferns and mosses?
I like the sound of that. :good:

Most reactions

Back