Can You Frag A Mushroom

bae1994

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears.Beets.Battlestar
Reaction score
can you frag a mushroom if so how

i dont think you can frag a single one.

They grow quickly anyway just wait till it splits then move one where you want it

I have seen someone frag them on youtube, he just cut them into quarters, making sure he cut right through the middle of the mushroom each time, I have no idea how successful it is though.

HMM my problem is its on a huge rock and i cant position it to how the mushroom waants so i dont know what to do

im sure if you got a sharp craft knife you could get the whole thing off, then a bit of glue onto a small bit?

how would i cut it off the bumpy rocks also i have some under water putty will this be oh it sais glues rocks clams to rocks and frags

The best way to frag a mushroom it to take the rock out of the water and remove the mushroom and a little sliver of the rock using a chisel. ****Please wear safety glasses as they can squirt and id also advise wearing rubber gloves when fragging.****

Once you have your mushroom with sliver of rock attached you can take a scalpel or stanley blade and cut it into quarters through the mouth and thats your fragging done.

The idea of having the little sliver of rock still on the mushroom is so you can super glue it onto some frag plugs or onto live rock rubble. Make sure the superglue you use is cyanoacrylate based.

If your mushroom has come loose and you dont have the sliver of rock to superglue you can get something like a well washed butter tub and put live rock rubble in the base and set your frags on top, then cover with fine mesh and set in a low flow area of your tank for a week or 2 til the frags become attached to the rubble.

ill try to chisle the rock and then move the rock as i just want to move it just thought frag it would be best

will some time soon got to find my cammeras rechargeable batterieit looks dead at the mo as its not happy and keeps changing shapes

i should of said sorry
its a toadstall lik this
tbreefchickleather_400.JPG

oh thats easier to make small mate lift it out and cut the outside ring off it with a stanley blade.

to make frags to swap with other reefers you will need to cut the ring into sections and pierce it with a cocktail stick and tie the cocktail stick to a frag plug or live rock to let the frag attach

i really want to take it off the rock

Most reactions

Back