Can U Buy Distilled Water

De-ionised should work fine shouldn't it?

Dunno if it helps, but I've gotten distilled water from someone who works at a dentists in the past, if you know anyone you who works in a dentists you could ask them :).

If you have a refractometer - I'll assume that your using it for a marine setup - or at least a brackish setup...

If that's the case what are you going to be mixing your salt into?

You should ideally be using RO (or DI or distilled) so that you don't have any contaminates in the water to start with...
And if you think about it literally, the reason that you need to calibrate with RO is because the same contaminates will throw off the reading.
so if you calibrate using RO then use it to measure salt mix in tap water you may see errors in the reading...

does that make sense?

If you have a refractometer - I'll assume that your using it for a marine setup - or at least a brackish setup...

If that's the case what are you going to be mixing your salt into?

You should ideally be using RO (or DI or distilled) so that you don't have any contaminates in the water to start with...
And if you think about it literally, the reason that you need to calibrate with RO is because the same contaminates will throw off the reading.
so if you calibrate using RO then use it to measure salt mix in tap water you may see errors in the reading...

does that make sense?

uve lost me now lol :crazy:

Most reactions

Back