Can These Fish Co-exsist

cedyced

Reaction score
I just set up an 80gal and I want to purchase these fish. Can these fish co-exsists???

Clown Trigger
Niger Trigger
Yellow Tang
Blue Hippo Tang

I am getting mixed reviews from my reserach. So I figured I would ask the experts...

How long is the tank? 80 is pushint it for that many fish. They may be compatible, but they will all have to be purchased at the same size for if one of the triggers is significantly larger than the tangs, they'll be tang meat. That setup will not be compatible with snails hermits and most other inverts. You also run a pretty high risk of the triggers being coral nippers IMO. While they are the "safest" species, as far as corals are concerned, they're not like clownfish ;)

Thanks for your input. My tank is right at 5 feet long. I will probably just get the tangs and not even deal with the triggers because I know they can get aggressive. I don't have any coral or do I plan on getting any. Right now I just have some damsels.

hippo tangs come in three sizes, small 1-2", medium 3-4", and large show 5-6". maby you can have the tangs and the tigers but hey, i dont know much about fish yet.

I think my best chance will be to get them all together and all small (the same size) I don't know yet...

The Tangs might get picked do to the aggresssive nature of the Clown Trigger. You might want to think about moving the Tangs into a different tank.

Most reactions

Back