Can someone post a pic

Joeyt66

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am thinking of going with playground sand but am not sure what it looks like in a tank. Can some one post some pics of it. Also any other kind of sand with the name of it would be good as i am open to other types .thanks

well i was hoping i could see a picture of one but oh well i think i might get it anyways. What is the white colored sand called it looks nice?

I have playsand in mine. This is my first tank with sand and I love it. Click on the link in my signature.

Joeyt66 said:
I am thinking of going with playground sand but am not sure what it looks like in a tank. Can some one post some pics of it. Also any other kind of sand with the name of it would be good as i am open to other types .thanks
Here is a link to my thread with pics of one of my tanks. There is tahitian moon sand in the tank. http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=72728

Jesse :fish:

I just bought 2 bags of Home Depot's play sand. It looked pretty white and sparkly in the store. As soon as I get it out of the back of my truck I'll snap a picture or two for you. It was only $3.85 for a 50 pound bag.

Thanks all for the help did the switch last night looks fantastic. Took a while to clean it but looks great , just a slight bit cloudy. Seems as though the fish like it. Plec has all 4 corners dug up though (he likes to get down to the glass i guess). no casulties. One problem i did have was when i netted my big ID shark his fin got caught in the net, took a sec to get him out, so i thought i would catch him in a plastic contaner when i put him back in, But when nettin some of the others he jumped in the net and got caught even worse. The only thing i could do was cut as close to his fin as possible and release him as he was very stressed (poor guy). he stayed at the bottom of the sand for bout 30 mins and then started swimmin like normal:) doesnt seem to affect him with the little peace of net on him , but i think i will give him a week or so before i try to remove the netting(it doest seem to bother him at all ). Anyways thanks for all the help guys and gals . i will post some pics when it is crystal clear

Well I'm not quite ready to fill up the 75 gallon tank but here's my little tank in play sand -

playsand.jpg

playsand2.jpg

Hmmm.. "Playsand" seems to come in varying colours, possibly depending on the area it comes from. Mine looks very different than some of the pics I have seen, more brown in colour. Sand that is white would be mostly quartz, mine would be high in feldspar. This is the best pic I can find ATM of mine that shows the colour well. Sorry about the image size.
tank03.jpg

Out of curiosity Polarbear, how much water does that hold?

That would be the one quart tank. And no, I wouldn't even think about actually keeping anybody in it. (My smallest betta tank is 2 gallons and I like to give them 5 to 10 gallons).

Most reactions

Back